We can thank one of the world’s most beautiful women, wife of actor Orlando Bloom, Miranda Kerr, for sending the sales of coconut oil soaring.
1. Kerr attributes her blemish-free skin and glossy hair to this oil. “I will not go a day without coconut oil. I personally take four tablespoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in my cups of green tea.” Her endorsement has got women scurrying out to stock up on coconut oil.
2. Sales at a UK-based health food chain Holland & Barrett had shot up by 50 per cent in the past year and that much of the demand was recent. A £ 12.59 (Rs 900) pot of the store’s own- brand product was sold out on its website as they hurried to re-stock.
3. Coconut tree, also called the tree of life in the Caribbean islands, has been used for centuries in India for traditional remedies. Once again, science proves that tradition is right. It is a known fact that coconut oil gives you beautiful hair, but a lesser known fact is that, in south India, coconut is also a very popular skincare ingredient.
4. From being used for skin nourishment in ayurvedic massages, it is also used in the treatment of boils, sores, viral infections and abscesses, dermatologist and hair expert Aparna Santhanam said. “Coconut has a unique mechanism of moisturising and hydrating the skin by locking the moisture within the skin which is not only effective but also long lasting. The molecular size of the fatty acids in the oil is very small, thereby, ensuring excellent penetration,” Santhanam added.
5. A unique property of coconut is that it is rich in medium chain fatty acids ( lauric acid) which makes it an a potent anti- inflammatory agent and an antioxidant. This is the reason why it has gained popularity with people keen on losing weight. A study published in the journal Lipids found that women with high belly fat, who consumed coconut oil while following a low- calorie diet and walk almost an hour a day lowered belly fat.
6. Compared to other oils, coconut oil is not as unhealthy as many saturated fats such as butter, meat but experts, including the World Health Organization, have warned against drinking too much coconut oil as it contains high levels of saturated fat and calories. “Recent reports have shown that coconut is good for your health. However, it still contains high amount of saturated fats. So don’t go overboard.
7. A healthy person shouldn’t take more than 6 tablespoons of oil in a day, half of which could be coconut oil. For a cardiac patient, we recommend 20 gram of oil in a day,” dietician Geetika Ahluwalia, Delhi Heart & Lung Hospital.
8. COCO FACTS Coconut oil is used for the nourishment of hair and skin It is used for the treatment of boils, sores, viral infections, abscesses It is an anti-inflammatory agent and an antioxidant A maximum of 3 tbsp of the oil should be consumed daily
There are a hundred products in the market that claim to make your skin lighter, brighter and shinier.
From soaps to creams to whitening facial kits everyone promises to make you look like the model on billboards. However, certain factors work to determine the colour of your skin. Understanding what is it that is making your skin looking sallow instead of crowding your dresser with skin-whitening products will help you.
In a country like India where every month seems like summer, tanning is inevitable. You just can’t avoid the sun and if you were born with a wheatish complexion, then it’s time you accept that about yourself. If your job involves a lot of travelling as against working in the cosy confines of an office, your skin is bound to take a beating. However with a little help from nature, you can get rid of that dull, lifeless skin.
-Do not throw away orange rinds after you are done eating the fruit. Dry the rind in the sun till it is devoid of all moisture and turns crisp. Grind it to make a fine powder. Add a little raw milk to the orange powder to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face and neck as often as possible.
-Add yoghurt and tomato juice to a teaspoon of oatmeal and apply it on your face. Oatmeal exfoliates without being harsh and tomato juice is an excellent astringent while the yoghurt leaves your skin moisturised.
-Mix a teaspoon of milk powder, one teaspoon lemon juice, half a teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of almond oil and apply this concoction to your face. Wash off with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes for baby soft skin.
Don’t let your age keep you from experiencing the pleasures of intimacy. Although libido may lessen as you age, here’s how to feel sexy for a lifetime.
As you grow older, it’s easy to lose that spark in the bedroom. Boredom, loss of adventurousness, physical ailments, and other problems can overcome even the healthiest of relationships over time, causing a loss of libido and creating emotional distance. But keeping intimacy alive can have profound effects on your life.
Research has shown that healthy people have better sex lives. Fit people enjoy sex more and have a lower chance of dealing with a sexual dysfunction that can impair their love life. If you’re experiencing a loss of intimacy, there are steps you can take to reclaim it. Here’s how to feel sexy again.
Intimacy Tip No. 1: Stay Healthy
To keep your libido revved for lovemaking you should:
• Exercise regularly. Your arousal depends in large part on how well blood flows through your body. Regular aerobic exercise can help keep the heart pumping and the blood flowing.
• Eat right. Maintain your health by eating a diet low in fats and sugars and high in fiber and good nutrition. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, plenty of whole grains, and a good daily amount of low-fat dairy products. Protein should come in the form of fish, poultry, and lean meats.
• Sleep well. Good, healthy sleep gives your body the chance to refresh and recuperate.
• Stop bad habits. Alcohol and tobacco can harm sexual function and can negatively affect your overall health.
Intimacy Tip No. 2: Communicate
Partners with a satisfying sex life talk to one another; those with an unsatisfying one need to talk to one another.
• Voice your concerns. Tell your partner about changes in your body that worry you along with any other issues that bother you about your sex life.
• Describe what makes you feel good. Your partner can’t satisfy you if he doesn’t know what you desire.
• Don’t criticize. Focus on what he’s doing right, rather than pointing out the things he’s doing wrong.
• Talk at the right time. During lovemaking is the right time for discussing what you like and enjoy. Save your concerns, worries, and more negative issues for outside the bedroom.
Intimacy Tip No. 3: Improve Your Own Game
Try these ways to be a better lover:
• Think about sex. The brain is an important — some say the most important — sexual organ. Get your head in the game by thinking about your fantasies and desires more often. Write down your sexual fantasies and share them with your partner.
• Touch. Maintaining physical affection is critical to keeping a love life happy and frisky. Cuddle, hug, kiss, and hold hands often, even if you’re tired or not in the mood for sex. During lovemaking, experiment with touching your partner in ways that please and arouse him.
• Educate yourself. There are plenty of self-help books available that will give you tips on improving your sexual technique.
Intimacy Tip No. 4: Have Fun
Don’t forget that sex is supposed to be an enjoyable experience. Be sure to have fun in the bedroom (and elsewhere) by:
• Trying out different sexual positions. The tried-and-true missionary position can become stale. Experiment.
• Taking a break from intercourse. Try pleasing each other with oral sex, manual sex, massage, and caressing.
• Being inventive. Leave love notes. Plan an erotic getaway. Try making love at different times of the day. Read a love poem. Craft a scene that appeals to all five senses. Try having sex in different locations.
Most importantly, have sex and enjoy intimacy on a regular basis with your partner.
While we don’t need scientists to tell us that drinking beer is good for your health, they still do.
It cuts your risk of having strokes, heart disease, increases HDL (good cholesterol) and anti-oxidants. It’s also good for your blood - it reduces blood clots, and contains Vintamin B6 needed to make haemoglobin. You can also ease out kidney stones with beer and clean your stomach with the fiber content of malted barley - as much as 60% of daily recommended fiber in one liter. It even detoxes your liver, expanding your liver’s small blood vessels and speeds up metabolism of toxins.
Alternative Uses of Beer
Heck, it even fights cancer - xanthohumol, found in beer hops helps your body break down carcinogens (chemicals that cause cancer)
However, for optimum beer nutrition, drink dark beer which has more flavanoids (natural oxidants that fight disease)
But apart from being accessory to a good a time, beer has a lot of other uses.
Alternative Uses of Beer
Setting Lotion for Hair:
Before hitting the shower, mix 3 tablespoons beer in 1/2 cup warm water. Rub this into your hair after you shampoo and rinse it off to get volume, shine and some awesome waves.
Or, you can soak your hair in beer and then soak some sunrays for all-natural highlights in your hair.
Pour in into your tub for a bubble bath that’s good for your skin and hair.
Beer’s slightly acidic pH level lets you enjoy lean meat without ripping and gnawing - it can tenderize the meat.
It’s also better than wine- and vinegar-based marinades in not imparting too much flavor to the meat.
Another slightly obvious use of beer - beer’s Lactoflavin and Nicotinic Acid content promote sleep. Hops too are a natural sedative.
Beer’s fizz (carbonation) can sooth an upset stomach, and it’s also a mild sedative when the pain is too much to bear (and you don’t have a painkiller lying around)
Stop getting scared of CANCER anymore.
You can fight it back and take control of your health. Find some of the cancer-preventive lifestyle changes:
1. Avoid Fructose and Sugar
It’s quite clear that if you want to avoid cancer, or are currentlyPatients undergoing cancer treatment must avoid all forms of sugar.
Some cancer centers, such as the Cancer Centers of America, have fully embraced this knowledge and place their patients on strict low-sugar, low-grain diets. But conventional medicine in general has been woefully lax when it comes to highlighting the health dangers of this additive.
2. Optimize Vitamin D
Vitamin D deficiency plays a crucial role in cancer development. Researchers within this field have estimated that about 30 percent of cancer deaths – which amounts to 2 million worldwide and 200,000 in the United States – could be prevented each year simply by optimizing the vitamin D levels in the general population.
On a personal level, you can decrease your risks of cancer by MORE THAN HALF simply by optimizing your vitamin D levels with sun exposure. And if you are being treated for cancer it is likely that higher blood levels—probably around 80-90 ng/ml—would be beneficial.
It’s important to understand that the risk of skin cancer from the sun comes only from excessive exposure.
There is sufficient compelling evidence that exercise can slash your risk of cancer. One of the primary ways exercise lowers your risk for cancer is by reducing elevated insulin levels, which creates a low sugar environment that discourages the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Women who exercise regularly may reduce their breast cancer risk by 20 to 30 percent compared to those who are inactive.
It’s important to include a large variety of techniques in your exercise routine, such as strength training, aerobics, core-building activities, and stretching.
These exercises activate your super-fast twitch muscle fibers, which can increase your body’s natural production of human growth hormone.
4. Get appropriate amounts of high quality animal-based omega-3 fats.
5. Eat according to your nutritional type.
6. Have a tool to permanently erase the neurological short-circuiting that can activate cancer genes. 85 percent of disease is caused by emotions. It is likely that this factor may be more important than all the other physical ones listed here, so make sure this is addressed. My particular favorite tool for this purpose, as you may know, is the Emotional Freedom Technique.
7. Only 25 percent of people eat enough vegetables, so by all means eat as many vegetables as you are comfortable with. Ideally, they should be fresh and organic. Cruciferous vegetables in particular have been identified as having potent anti-cancerous properties. Remember that carb nutritional types may need up to 300 percent more vegetables than protein nutritional types.
8. Maintain an ideal body weight.
9. Get appropriate amounts of high-quality sleep.
10. Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners and air pollution.
11. Reduce your use of cell phones and other wireless technologies, and implement as many safety strategies as possible if/when you cannot avoid their use.
12. Boil, poach or steam your foods, rather than frying or charbroiling them. Better yet eat as many of your foods raw as you can.
Adopted from an article, courtesy: http://articles.mercola.com
A young face has firmness in facial muscles. But with the passage of times, the skin develops wrinkles at the corner of the eyes, puffy and droopy eyelids, folds and bags below the eyes, hanging cheeks, vertical lines above the upper lips, folds in the neck and throat & double chins etc.
There is just no reason to watch helplessly as your face loses its shine and display signs of aging.
Two options are considered to help in regaining the lost younger looks. “Cosmetics or Plastic surgery”.
People have been found to spend large amounts regularly on cosmetics for keeping their looks – younger but facts are always visible.
Plastic surgery is a costly affair besides it has its own after-effects.
Facial Gymnastics is a simpler and natural way of keeping the face – younger with minimum wrinkles and tight muscles. There would be no sign of aging at any age.
Facial Gymnastics is an easier way to Facial uplift
What is common among top brands: Pepsi, Microsoft, Volvo, Dell, McDonald or Sony?
Every top company is desperate for a feedback from YOU. They need your opinion about their products. It will help them to stay at the top in their respective field.
There are thousands of marketing companies who wish to offer you the best product at the most competitive prices. They look for your choices.
Leading Malls wish to set-up shops as per your convenience. They wish to stock brands of your choice. They wish to make it convenient for you to step-in in their stores and grab your choicest products, all under one roof.
Would you like to inform your preferences?
All information will be reimbursed with handsome returns.
There are thousands of reasons which make YOU, a very important person who could help them in earning a name and maximum profits.
Teachers, students, moms, dads, a few grandmas, a few grand-dads, community officers, state workers, electricians& plumbers have participated in the “Process of forwarding their opinions”.
The procedure is: You approach the identified companies and inform them about your acceptance to participate in Survey Revolution.
All kinds of Folks from places all over the world are reaping the benefits of this incredible opportunity. It’s available for everyone, no matter where in the world they live.
Some use it to make some extra cash the easy way. More do it as a full time living and love it.
Many start off doing a few hours here and there, but soon after they realise how easy it is to make such easy cash.
Quit your soul destroying day jobs.
Join the Survey Revolution.
|<< <||Current||> >>|
This blog has 598 posts and 58192 comments spanning a range from 02/09/08 to 11/04/13 .The total number of words in all posts is 273,657 , and the total number of views for individual posts is 2,024,840 .